40 Weeks

A mother's seventh (and final) journey through the wonders of pregnancy.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Limbo

Warning: The following post may contain more information than sensitive readers want to know.

K did another dating scan last Sunday, and while according to my calculations, I was 9 weeks and 4 days, the scan showed that according to the baby's size, I was 8 weeks and 6 days. In the long run, this difference of 5 days isn't going to matter much. However, I know my body, I know when I ovulated, and I know when we attempted to conceive. I can accept a 2-3 day margin of error, because I know how these things work, but 5 days seems impossible to me. K's argument is that we should go by the scan, because it's technology and must be right. My argument is that I know my body, and if there's a problem causing the baby to be small for its age, I'd rather know it than make up different dates that would make everything seem fine. Even as I argue this, though, I know 5 days isn't really worth arguing about. We just do it so well.

My first appointment with Dr Powers is tomorrow, so I'll ask him which due date he wants to go with, and I'll just go with that. My next post here will show how far along I'm thought to be by my physician, with an update on the expected due date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home