40 Weeks

A mother's seventh (and final) journey through the wonders of pregnancy.

Friday, May 12, 2006

38 Weeks, 2 Days

We're ready when the as yet unnamed baby is. We'll be checking his position on Monday afternoon, and if he's head down, we'll continue with our planned induction on Tuesday. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, since at this point he seems to only go head down for a few hours per week. He seems to be head down as I write this, but I don't expect him to stay that way for long. He's very wiggly today, and almost every other day.

We had a little scare on Tuesday. I had been suffering from nausea and vomiting since Monday night, and realized at some point on Tuesday afternoon that I hadn't noticed the baby moving all day. At that point, I started paying closer attention, just in case I had missed it, but I still felt nothing. I called my doctor and went to the hospital for monitoring for a couple of hours, just to be sure everything was ok. Not knowing was nervewracking! As it turned out, it was just because I was dehydrated and hadn't been eating, but he was fine, so we're still hoping for a Tuesday delivery.

I'm feeling very unprepared, so if the delivery is postponed, it won't be the worst thing in the world. K hasn't sorted out the minivan yet, I haven't sorted through Layth's baby clothes yet (and we've bought very little,) and I haven't rounded up Layth's old bedding, which means he'll be sleeping with pink and purple at this rate. I also wanted a second rocking chair for nursing the baby in our room while K's parents are here so I wouldn't have to take the old chair from Maya's room. I know it will all work out in the end, I'm just anxious to know when the end will be, exactly!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe sorting through the clothes and bedding is something Grandma can do... it's not like the baby will care what color he's dressed in or whether he's sleeping in a crib or a laundry basket. Long as he's fed and dry and cuddled, I'm sure he'll be thrilled.

    Have a happy Tuesday!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home