40 Weeks

A mother's seventh (and final) journey through the wonders of pregnancy.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

39 Weeks

At 7:15 this morning, baby was indeed head down. K went on to work since I had to wait until 9am to call my doctor (he wanted me to only call during office hours.) The receptionist I spoke to at 9:10 wasn't nearly as excited as I was, and said only that she'd give the doctor the message. Two hours later, K called the office and made an actual appointment for me to go in, since it seemed no one would call back in a timely manner. The doctor did finally call around noon, and said not to bother coming to his office, but to go ahead to the hospital.

I met K there, got settled and attached to monitors, signed all the admission forms, and waited for the doctor on call to come check the position of the baby. I can't say I was terribly surprised to learn that he was transverse again, since he'd had so much time to kill and had been very active all morning. We were sent on our way, stopped for lunch, and since baby was still being very active, stopped by K's office to check the position one more time. Still transverse. This particular doctor said that if baby is head down again in the morning, I can call her right away and come in if the hospital has a room for me.

We arrived home, only to discover that Layth had flooded the entire bathroom and hallway, just as Layla did at our last house at almost exactly the same age. My frustration was more with my in-laws than with Layth, because they are supposedly here not only to see the new baby, but to help me out for a few weeks. In reality, since they've been here, I've had more work and frustration than I usually do. I need an anonymous place to rant ... I think that will be my next blogging project. Let's just say I've been busier cleaning up messes than usual, and I'm tired.

We'll be checking the position a couple of times a day now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home