40 Weeks

A mother's seventh (and final) journey through the wonders of pregnancy.

Monday, March 24, 2008

9 Weeks, 5 Days

K has had to break the news to two women this week that there was no heartbeat at their routine 9-week ultrasounds. Not only is that hard for him, but since I'm at that same stage with the combined worries of advanced maternal age and a subchorionic hematoma, I've been a little anxious this week. He took me to his office for a sonogram last night, and I am happy and relieved to report that the hematoma has apparently resolved itself (as he predicted it would) and we saw so much movement that it really made the baby seem much more real to me. Hands were fluttering around the mouth already, we could see little feet kicking, and we could make out fingers and toes. K was even able to point out the yolk sac where he said our future grandchildren had been, although they had probably already moved out of the sac and into the baby by now. Is that amazing and miraculous or what??

2 Comments:

  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Bethany said…

    What? Seriously? Your future grandchildren. I am so ignorant. That is probably one of the most beautiful things I've read. I'll be pondering that as I go to sleep tonight. Thanks for the happy report. You are in my prayers.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    THAT IS TRULY AMAZING!!!
    XOXOXOXOXO

     

Post a Comment

<< Home